Mr Lua obtained his law degree (LL.B.) from the University of Cardiff, Wales in 2009. He was subsequently called to the Bar of England and Wales at the Honourable Society of Middle Temple, London in 2010.
Mr Lua then chambered in Messrs Cheah Teh & Su and was called to the Malaysian Bar on the 11th of November 2011.
Mr Lua has vast experience involving inter alia the following legal matters:-
- General Corporate Advisory
- Corporate Restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Drafting of commercial contracts
- Acting for private equity funds
- Due diligence exercise on private companies
- Reviewing of commercial documents from foreign jurisdictions
- Shareholders’ dispute
- Corporate Banking
- Project financing
- Sale and purchase of real estate
- Acquisition of real estate by non-citizen and foreign companies
- Tenancy and lease
- Advising and drafting of wills and trust deeds
- Financial planning for high net worth individuals
- Compliance with the latest legislation including but not limited to the Companies Act 2016, Goods and Services Tax Act 2014 and the Personal Data Protection Act 2012
- Application for licences from various government bodies.